Right after we got home this afternoon from the birthday party the doorbell rang I watched curiously from the video screen upstairs in my study and saw this gentleman hand a very fancy bag to John and said it was for "the Princess of the house" -- Big Daddy just assumed it was for moi. I guess, he did not get the memo that Sinclair has started to receive a regal reputation in her own right. The second I saw the bag I knew it was going to be good!
Let me just say I am obsessed with presentation and great delivery. I think it is true when NYT restaurant critic Ruth Reichl, says "presentation is 90% of the meal" As I mentioned the Valobra bag was a fantastic prelude but when I saw that photo of handsome little Max (his charasmatic Daddy, Franco owns the store) my knees just got weak. This toddler is going on 25 and has his mothers looks and his Daddy's charm....in other words, he is "going places"
Sinclair was so gentle when she opened the card. As if she had done this 1000 times. I can assure you at 18 months this is the first "big girl jewelry" prezzie she has received. This moment will qualify in the same category as "first steps"
What astounded me is the way she paused and looked at the words on the card and was taking it all in. She even put her little finger over each letter of this little suitor "Mmmmmmm....Ayyyyyy....X" I told her "Max is who is sending you a present....so get to the good stuff and open the box already!!!"
She was so caught up in the moment she took his little card and started kissing it. Like she was sending Max some telepathic "thank you" -- it brought a little tear to my eye.
Where as most kids tear into packages, especially at a year old, mine does not. Any patience she has is totally from her Father. She was so very careful with the ribbon. She made me finger point to each letter while she said it outloud. I said something like "honey, I know WHERE it came from - let's open it" The look she gave me was an unfiltered one.....she is not speaking in full sentences but if she had it would have been along the lines of "this is my moment please allow me to savoir it, MOTHER!!!" As she slowly twirled the ribbon just to annoy me. This is definitely a red flag she and I will be butting heads when she is 12.
Sinclair literally held her breath as she peeked into the box. I must admit I was pretty stunned myself when I saw the most gorgeous stand of pearls! Again, I am a sucker for great presentation. I could not believe my 18 month old was getting what took me years to acquire and I purchased mine for myself!

I tried to take them from her to unlatch them to slip around her neck and she immediately said "No! No!" At that moment she ever so gracefully guided them over her head and was so proud. This day definitely tops her little short life ranked up there with meeting Mickey Mouse and holding bunnies.
I tried to take them from her to unlatch them to slip around her neck and she immediately said "No! No!" At that moment she ever so gracefully guided them over her head and was so proud. This day definitely tops her little short life ranked up there with meeting Mickey Mouse and holding bunnies.
Hilariously enough, the second she got them on she took a victory lap around the living room. Then did a half-baked Miss America wave. Where does she get these dramatic mannerisms????


Little Max has set the bar high for all the other boys. On a side bar note, this is maybe the most creative marketing move I have seen Franco pull out of his hat. Franco will forget more about schmoozing than Dale Carnegie will have ever known in his lifestime. He is so ahead of the game winning over Mommy and daughter. He realizes I will have to go in the store personally to thank him and take Sinclair so she can model the goods. Naturally, we will have to build from the initial treasure. Hence, incredible delivery and brilliant marketing....Valobra gets an A+ across the board!
Little Max has set the bar high for all the other boys. On a side bar note, this is maybe the most creative marketing move I have seen Franco pull out of his hat. Franco will forget more about schmoozing than Dale Carnegie will have ever known in his lifestime. He is so ahead of the game winning over Mommy and daughter. He realizes I will have to go in the store personally to thank him and take Sinclair so she can model the goods. Naturally, we will have to build from the initial treasure. Hence, incredible delivery and brilliant marketing....Valobra gets an A+ across the board!



4 comments:
OMG - I totally could imagine her doing all this. i cannot believe you got it all on camera. that is the cutest story ever.
This is BS, I thought Sinclair was William's girl?
Tomorrow, William is going to pay a "visit" to Max!
OMG that Franco is so smooth -- GREAT valentine by the way
What a little Kristi ;)
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree....xo esc
Post a Comment