Sunday, February 3, 2008

The Glass Slipper Fit!!!! AKA "What an INCREDIBLE NIGHT"

















I am not sure where to start.... the evening was nothing short of spectacular.







Our guests starting arriving at 8 PM and Sinclair (trooper hostess in training) greeted everyone with a wave and smile for a solid hour. By 9 o'clock we were at the brim with about 400 guests. At 8:45 we opened the ballroom doors and immediately the crooning voice of AJ Croce started. Some took their seats in a spread of banquets and others took the dance floor as he belted out tunes from his piano and then later strummed some recent releases from his latest album on his trusted guitar. Then I heard that voice resonating I love so dearly.....The night was perfect!
Then I heard him dedicate my favorite song to me.....I was done!


"Which Way is Steinway"






The other day when we spoke
On the telephone

You said that you were leaving town

One thing I must know

Darling which way will you go

‘Cause I’m going to pack my things and go along

If it’s Southway I’ll bring my whiskey

Northway wear a heavy coat

Westway I’ll bring my cowboy hat

Eastway learn the Harlem shuffle

Freeway drive it straight ahead

Steinway I’ll bring my hands to play

I’ve been waiting for a reason

Anything to leave this town

I don’t have my roots buried in the ground

No need to stick around

Where are you going, this I must know

If I’m going to pack my things and go



The cake was 8 tiers of irredescent spun sugar that matched the intricate detail on Veronica's gown, each layer of the ten foot creation was a different flavor. Various rooms had a variety of ambiance, the ballroom where AJ performed reminded my of the Delano in Miami -- there was not a single orchid left in the state of Texas!

More photos to follow.......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

gorgeous, as always... all of you!

sorry we missed superbowl. i had an upset tummy all day, which i could have lived with, but JAMP was in meltdown mode from the time he woke up from his nap at 2pm until he went to bed last night.

Anonymous said...

did you have 100,000 orchids?