Monday, May 19, 2008

TODAY MY LIFE TRULY BEGAN

I am shaking as I write this post. Today is such a monumental and auspicious occasion to me and it is not even 10 AM on the West coast. In between shaking and crying tears of joy I am just overwhelmed with happiness of how my face was just unveiled. After almost 18 years (more than half my life) and a dozen procedures that included a total of over 40 hours of general anesthesia, my journey has met its final destination this week in the hands of Dr. Rollin Daniel. I told Dr Daniel, whom I will only call "The Master" from this day forward "the last time I felt this much joy I held my daughter for the first time"


Not only can I breath better than when I was a child, my nose is what Picasso could only wish for the Mona Lisa. I truly did not understand the magnitude to which I was stifled until the tubes came out today. I know now what people feel like when they get heart and liver transplants -- there is a whole new lease on life.

If my plane crashes today en route to my wonderful family, I insist on an open casket for at least a month so people can pay homage to this masterpiece Dr Daniel has created. I was in agony quite a bit this week with my rib removal and now it is similar to having a child, you forget all the pain when you see how much pleasure something brings you!


I have called Lloyd's of London to insure this work of priceless art. My next call will be to Harry Winston to downsize my ($126 a barrel) diamonds since I am no longer in need of these stone to distract from the "Bozo the Clown-Rudolph-WC Fields" hybrid I was forced to bear...OK, kidding on the downsizing part.

OK, everyone knows a few things about me.....I am totally in love with my family, crazy about my husband, territorial about my children. But in reality, can you tell how wild I am about my nose???? Alas, most importantly I can BREATH!!!!!!!


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miss Piggy Noses rule -- no one will think we are sisters now!!! Love Ry

Anonymous said...

send more pics

Anonymous said...

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh so happy for you and cannot wait to see you



JLJ

Anonymous said...

I am SO HAPPY for you !! This is WONDERFUL NEWS


SP

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the kristi nose blog. after you're all healed, you could use that title for an advice column. for any undercover research you do, or for things that you think stink. like john's feet.

xoxoxo
rhp

Christina said...

Congrats!!!!!

Amanda Mills said...

KKS!
Cant wait to see you..
How could you be more perfect than you already were.But if you dont like something then fix it ! See you when u return.AMILLS

Anonymous said...

wow! I thought I was a perfectionist! LOL! Good for you. Glad you feel better!
Melissa R