First thing this morning when Sinclair started playing she wanted to "make paints" and then she said "BoBo on nose, mommy?" and painted her nose bright pink. Is it not amazing how a child can lift your spirits and make nothing else in the world matter??
Blog Zombie: Strategi Rahasia untuk Meningkatkan Peringkat Mesin Pencari
-
Blog Zombie: Strategi Rahasia untuk Meningkatkan Peringkat Mesin Pencari
[image: Blog Zombie: Strategi Rahasia untuk Meningkatkan Peringkat Mesin
Pencari]
...
1 year ago



6 comments:
Aww...sweet Sinclair! How is your nose responding to the antibiotics? I hope that things are better soon!
I love your blog! I am addicted so much I wish you would update more than once a day!
It sounds like you really need to boost your immune system. I am so sorry this horrible thing is happening.
I can tell from your writings you are a very strong woman - you will conquer this
If not for anything else for your gorgeous brilliant daughter
Sincerely
A loyal fan
Kelly D
Portland, OR
KK,
I'm worried about you. How are you feeling? It sounds like you had quite a blow on Memorial Day and I'm just so, so sorry.
If you lived down the road here in Kansas, I'd show up with a pint of Chunky Monkey, a trashy magazine and a casserole involving some manner of vegetable inside and Cheez Whiz and Ritz crackers on top. That's how we roll here when one of our girls is hurting.
You know what would make you feel better though? A crusade. Use your persuasive voice and contacts to put a face to the problem. The only time people in this country get excited is when we can somehow personalize it. Your willingness to show real photos of yourself and your ability to express yourself in an articulate way could make a difference.
Feel better, Sweetie. (I had an MRI this morning and so am currently stoned on xanax. I highly recommend it.)
--
Sher
www.Wiping-the-Crazy-Off-My-Face.com
http://ocd-chick.blogspot.com
OK people in my office think I am WEIRD! I follow your blog religiously and when I saw you had staph. I started to lecture everyone in my office (while cleaning keyboards) that we should watch the staph infection because "my friend Kristi just got staph"
I realize I called you my "friend" and I do not know you since I live in Florida. No, I am not a stalker but all my office workers think I am !
Please feel better soon
Get Well
Kammie
Here is the update: I am a little down but probably more frustrated than anything else -- the incredible, Dr Sam Stal who is chief of surgery at Texas Children's told me yesterday that if all these antibiotics don't kill this particular infection/strain all my cartilige and harvested rib (which is now most of my nose bone) will need to come out of my face and I will be a "shrunken mess" (Dr's words) for a year or more - half my face has already been regrafted -- so I would basically have nothing holding up my nose and chin and part of my cheeks
Keep in mind, even if it kills this particular infection it may not kill the colony and it could reappear as soon as antibiotics wear off.
Furthermore stay dormant as long as it likes or until something aggravates another episode.
Dr Stal is working close with Dr Sheldon Kaplan (head of I.D. At TexCH) and Dr Ralph Fiegen Chief of Staff personally is overseeing this. They turned me over to Dr Tobias Samo who is part of a great Infectious Disease team at Baylor and I should get some word back on my cultures Monday about this strain of strep.
FYI : Did you know Staph killed more people last year than AIDS -- approx 19,000? We all have forms of Staph but some peoples immune systems are not resistant.
Although my swelling has gone down considerably and I am still draining (great sign) - you still see dark redness (although considerably less) buried deep in the side of my nose. Which means that is a staph colony. The staph has eaten away so much tissue below the surface over time the area has been jeopordized and the drugs (blood flow) cannot get to area colonized
They have to be careful when being so aggressive because my colony sits so close to the brain.
I assured them they couldn't do more brain damage I did in my 20's.
As you know, May 12 th I underwent the 9 hour surgery to remove the colony of strep/strain MRSA from the EXACT location where it found its way back within a week of coming back to Houston. Unfortunately, staph loves southern hospitality: Houston's hot and humid weather
Currently I am taking a load of antibiotics along with Clorox baths and there was discussion of a shunt/PICCLine inserted so I can do IV antibiotics 2X a day.
So far, this is all I have to report - we just sit and wait it out and see where these antibiotics take us. Hopefully, this staph colony will figure out I am a really bad "hostess" and won't want to camp out with me much longer.
All I have to report for now.....fingers crossed
KK
Oh, Kristi, I am so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you for a good response to the antibiotics and a successful recovery. I know this has to be such a blow after your recent surgery! Truly, this is no time for "southern hospitality"--I will pray that your infection gets the message that the party is OVER!
Take care and best wishes from Tennessee!
Post a Comment