Tuesday, July 22, 2008

SOUNDS FISHY TO ME.....



Wanna hear the latest from the land of spas and pampering?  It's carp pedicures.  The AP reported today that a northern Virginia spa has been offering pedicures performed by tiny carp for the past four months.  John Ho, who runs the Yvonne Hair and Nails salon with his wife said 5,000 people have taken the plunge at $50 a soak so far!!


This puts a whole new meaning to the term, "bottom feeding" indeed.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

$50 a session makes me wonder how bad our economy truly is!

Anonymous said...

They are registered republicans!

Anonymous said...

Well, last time I checked a really nice pedicure costs a little under 50$! But, I don't know about having little fishies nipping at my feet. I always freak out swimming in a lake for fear of a fish brushing by me! I love your blog and your daughter is beautiful. I am sorry people have been so cruel to you! Success is the best revenge, right??

Anonymous said...

I don't think the comment i left before went through so lets try it again... Well last time I checked a nice pedicure at a spa costs a little under 50$! but, i don't think i would pay to have little fishies nipping at my feet. I feel squeamish when i swim in a lake and a fish swims by me! Your daughter is beautiful and I love your blog. I am sorry people have been so cruel, success is the best revenge!!

Secola Foster said...

I'm all for soft feet and trying what it takes to get them soft.

But, I'm so dang ticklish I KNOW I couldn't thru 5 seconds of that!!

I'm clenching my teeth with my toes balled up just looking at it!

Anonymous said...

GROSS! Do carp have clean mouths? I'm thinking parasites, bacteria.

Anonymous said...

I wonder do the fish poo in the water! I don't like the sound of this.
BTW, as a newbie to your blog I love it and your beautiful family. I would love to know a little more about where you met your husband and your beautiful romance.

Anonymous said...

There are several spa resorts here in Japan that offer the same service, but it's a full-body immersion! You go into the pool in your bathingsuit at the fishies nibble you all over. It's pretty freaky!

P.S. I'm a long time lurker, so glad you decided not to go private!

Emily said...

I just saw this on the TV show I Survived a Japanese gameshow. It freaked me out then and the picture freaks me out now. I too can hardly get in a lake because of the fear of fish touching me, so paying to have them nibble on me is just not an option for this small town Texan.
Would you consider it? Just wondering.
I too would love to hear your love story, if we commentors are putting in requests ;)

Anonymous said...

Really, 50 dollars, I live in the back woods down South. If I charged people 50 dollars for someone to stick their feet in my river and another 50 dollars for sitting in my mud, I could become rich. This is ridiculous, what a Yankee will pay for when you can get it for free.