Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Height of the Hill Country






When the three of us first arrived to Sea World (LeighBee, our personal "gatekeeper of all things magical") arranged for us to be up close and VVVIP to all the shows we wished to see.   The first show we sat front and center for was the "Sea Lion" show -- it is HILARIOUS!  Think of the Producers on Broadway meets Waterworld.  I had NO IDEA how brilliant these animals were.  If you go visit San Antonio (the 7Th largest city) do NOT miss this!


Our last stop was the famed, Shamu show!  We went back an hour before the actual show began and received a behind the scenes.  We got right up to the killer whale -- that seemed more like a gentle giant than anything that could be described as "killer" -- by the time all the three trainers took us by the hand and showed how they fed and loved the giant fish that can reach 12 tons....we were ready to take our seats.  The four whales performed to music and were inspired by treats (of smaller fish) that can amass 200 lbs of fish in a single performance!  


We left with one toy (has to be a record) -- this was a medium sized stuffed Penguin that Sinclair has named "Reagan"  (we are not sure where she instantly came up with the name other than we have been studying our Presidential flash cards and she knows Ronald Reagan was my personal favorite) 

By the time we left - we were truly exhausted but I cannot recommend it enough.  Unlike, Disneyland .... Seaworld is not as overwhelming with so many things to do you cannot decide where to begin.  Naturally, it helps to have an angel like "Auntie LeighBee" back home to navigate!


We wanted to get a good night's sleep before we took off for Sea World the next morning.  We flipped through the television and "Ray" (story of Ray Charles) was playing.  Sinclair broke out her sunglasses and started mimicking "Georgia"  --- I mentioned to John thank goodness it was not the "Johnny Cash story ...Walk the Line"  -- I would hate to hear her sing "I shot a man just to watch him die" 
We checked into our Casita at La Cantera in San Antonio -- you would not think this child owned anything other piece of clothing other than her Buc-ee's t-shirt.  As much as this t-shirt has been witnessed this trip Uncle Beaver will need to give us free beef jerky for life!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beaver can sure as hell afford it

Anonymous said...

Beaver can sure as hell afford it

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for not going private - I love coming here and reading about you and all your adventures.

Anonymous said...

Would like to continue reading. I just caught up on your posts and though our political views differ, you seem like a very kind person and I enjoy your blog.

Lama Mama said...

Can you get the Buc-ees t-shirt monogrammed with Sinclair's name?! :)

Emily said...

What a fun trip for you and your girl. I am sure that she was in heaven.

GiGi said...

LOVE the Buc-ees shirt! We passed by some billboards on our way from Louisiana today. My favorite ones, though, are on the way to San Antonio and say, "You Can Hold It!" (which I heard alot on car rides, being the last of 5 kids), and "Awesome Restrooms". We have got to get to Sea World...thanks for the great info on the happenings there.