In less than two weeks you will be turning two years old, I cannot begin to tell you how much I have treasured these past two years. Especially every moment leading up to your arrival. It has been incredible to watch you discover the world around you and to watch you interact with those around you. I have watched you go from this tiny, helpless infant to a determined little girl with a mind of your own. You obviously have places that you want to go, to explore and you want from those of us around you is perhaps a hand to hold on to while you find your balance. You are such a strong force, yet so gently sweet. I am absolutely certain that you will do ANYTHING that you put your mind to, regardless of what it is. I can just detect it in your personality. Naturally, at this point in your life you cannot understand what I am going to tell you in this letter. But I have been pondering about the life that you have ahead of you, about my life so far as I reflect on what I have learned, and about my role as a Mom in trying to prepare you for what you may face in the coming years.
As I mentioned you will not be able to understand this letter today, but someday, when you are ready, I hope you will find some wisdom and value in what I share with you.
You are so young, and life has yet to crest on you, to throw disappointments, heartaches and struggles. For this be thankful. You are at a wonderful stage in life. You have some many wonderful stages of life still yet to come, but they are not without their own perils at certain levels. Savor the highs and move past any lows.
I cannot wait to help you along your path by sharing some of the best of what I have learned. As with any advice, take it with a grain of salt. What works for your Father and I may not work for you.
Possibly, there could be people in your life who will not be nice. There is not much you can do about these people except learn to deal with them, and learn to choose friends who are truly kind to you, who actually care about you, who make you feel really good about yourself. When you find a friend like this, hold on to them, treasure them, spend much time with them, be kind to everyone and love those close to you.
Hopefully you will meet more success than disappointment. Life will not always turn out the way you want. This is just another thing that will make you strong. Learn to turn negatives into positives. I hope you never have to face any abandonment from those you love, alas it happens. Let these experiences be character builders.
Live your life by the rule of love. Love your spouse and your family with all your heart. Open your soul. Love not only your loved ones, but your neighbors...co-workers and even strangers. Offer anyone you meet a smile, a kind word, compliment and be quick to lend a helping hand. Be kind and compassionate. Not only to everything around you, but also to yourself. Stay safe and treat your body as a temple.
Learn to have patience with your enemy. The person that is cruelest to you, who is consistently unkind --- find love in your heart for them. That person is truly a tortured soul, and most in need of your love, Most importantly, love yourself. Learn not to be so tough on yourself. Always think of yourself as the wonderful human being you are, worthy of love and happiness.
Laugh. Oh do laugh. Learn to laugh at yourself. Your infectious giggle is one of the many things that I live for. The room lights up and when you laugh and my heart sings. Laugh with your friends, laugh at the world, and laugh at yourself. If you cannot laugh then you take life too seriously.
Dream big. Dream colorful. Dream magic. Dream beyond the stars. Everything big starts as something small. Leap high and go for it!!! If you can dream it, you can do it!
I sit here and think about the day you were born, almost daily. You were tucked away within my body, just the two of us. We shared so many private moments that no one else could take part in. A mother/daughter bond created even before we laid eyes on one another.
My body gave me so many gestures you were coming early, although we had no idea it was over a month early. The night before you came, I reveled in the thought that I would soon hold you in my arms. I stayed up all that night, not able to sleep, gently rubbing my stomach and talking to you, wanting to savor you just a little longer to myself before I had to share you with so many admirers.
You are not the most patient child, so it should have been no surprise to me you were ready to face the world. Once you decided it was your time there was no slowing you down. Even the cord wrapped around you seven times was not a deterrent for you! Knowing you were finally safe when I heard your cries was one of the most empowering and uplifting experiences of my life. When your Daddy put you on my chest and we met eyes, I read so much of what you were not able to speak. Your Father and I both admired your plump, Angelic face and thanked God out loud more times that I can count. We were in awe and it was an instant overwhelming love. My heart was bursting with a wave of gratifying love as if you and I had known each other all our lives.
As you grow and experience life, I want you to never forget where you came from. Remember you are strong (you came out fighting) and you can accomplish anything no matter how long the roads to your goals look. Nothing is impossible. Think outside the box. Always have faith and stay true to yourself. Be confident and take pride in who you are but try to stay true. Remember everyone is different and different is beautiful. You will realize that beauty will open many doors but never forget that inner beauty that you hold within is the most powerful and is what will make you the most memorable. Always be kind and compassionate. Not only to those you know but to everything around you and everyone you encounter.
Finally, know that we love you with all our hearts and always will, unconditionally. Two years ago, your Daddy and I, along with your brother and sister were anxiously waiting to bring you home from the hospital. We would all cradle your little five pound frame and admire you for hours. You were truly our precious miracle. Our creation that catapulted our love and promised our infinity as a family. We will always be here to cradle you.
I have so much faith in you, my beautiful daughter. I love you "more than all the fishes in the sea" and look forward to a lifetime of experiences with you. Thank you for all the smiles and even for every tear. Thank you for always loving me and teaching me something new about myself and to sincerely be a better person. You made our family complete. Godspeed, angel.
Love, Mommy




10 comments:
I logged in this morning, expecting to see some fun photos from possibly your birthday or read some witty banter about what you are for/against this week.
Instead, I read this letter to your daughter that has left me humbled and in tears. That is absolutely beautiful work of poetic justice to describe how much you obviously love your little girl.
I do not know you but could tell I would want too. You are genuinely a good person with a very infinite heart. i do not need to stress to savor these moments you are doing it and enjoying it every step of the way.
God bless you and yours
a Fan in Washington
I'm so glad you write to Sinclair. Letters from a mother (and father!) are priceless. My mother did that for me and I treasure every word.
I have written letters to Jack since the day I found out I was pregnant and continue to write to him at least once a week. Someday, I plan on putting them into one big printed book for him. I think a parent's personal journaling is such a wonderful gift to give your child. Sinclair will love this someday!
-Sarah
OK, this one made me cry!!! I love you!!!!! Sinclair is so lucky to have a mommy as wonderful as you!!!! XOXOXO
I love you my friend, Jenna
This is an amazing heartfelt letter. You are a beautiful writer of your expression. Your daughter is a very fortunate little girl
From Michigan
What a beautiful, heartfelt letter to your daughter. The amazing love you have for your daughter truly shines through.
Definitely a gift she will be able to treasure for the rest of her life.
You have a wonderful way with words.
God bless you and your family.
That is such an amazing letter. I hope you printed it out because I sure did
it made my week. With all the cruelty in this world (turn on the news) it does the heart good to see some solid parenting and old fashioned letter writing
You are a role model for many
That is so beautiful! A perfect letter to your darling angel that she will always cherish! Wonderful advice to all in this world! It has inspired me to get back to writing to my darling children! And I feel blessed to have met you!
Your friend,
Caryn
You have been on my mind since I read the wonderful and magical letter that you wrote to Sinclair. You have such a special heart and I feel that we haven´t been present in your life with all the ordeals that you´ve had lately. Both Antonio and I love you and John so much and I just wanted to tell you that its such a blessing to have you in our lives. You mean so much to us, I just wanted to make sure that you know that and I´m here for you any time, anywhere.
I love you,
Susana
Kristi, I never have left a comment but you have been on my list to pray for through your illness and I am happy to see that you are feeling better.I love this letter to your beautiful little girl. You made me cry.I know her birthday will be a wonderful day. Happy Birthday Sinclair.
I am crying the biggest tears down my face - this is such a beautiful letter and she will cherish it always
Post a Comment