My dear sweet Sinclair:
Can you believe that you are 21 months old today? Goodness! You're closer to 2 than you are to 1. You're truly a toddler!
Here's what you've done during this: your 20TH month of life.
1.) You can speak in complete sentences now! You say things like, "GaGa, Dogs go outside" "Mama, sit down," "Daddy, all done now," "Do it again" and our favorite is "More tea please" ....So cute! You can count to twenty four in English and ten in Spanish. You can easily handle all the letters of the alphabet and give a word that goes with each letter. You can spell your name effortlessly. You recognize your Presidents from photos - you prefer to refer to them on a first name basis such as "George, Abe and Grover" You can spell "Texas" and point to it with ease on the map and say "oil". Little angel, you continue to amaze us everyday.
2.) You're still a great sleeper (about 11 hours per night and 2-3 hours during the day), and a super eater (all fruits and you love your vegetables and especially, asparagus, green beans and spinach). You tend to eat on the run; you don't like to sit still so much these days.
3.) You love lady bugs, tea party, swings, slides, art (especially drawing on Daddy's oil well logs) Dora the Explorer, Big Bird, dump trucks, tractors, etc... You go completely drunk with giddiness every time you see or hear a plane in the sky. You also love to make towers out of blocks (I think 12 blocks is your highest-- and you had to stand on a stool to make that happen.)
4.) You have a memory like a steel trap. We can tell you something just once and ask you about it weeks later, and you remember.
6.) You are now such a great runner! You're fast and coordinated. You love to climb, build, slide, swim and swing! You love to jump and laugh and play, play, play!
7.) You love Daddy tickles and you let out this wonderful belly laugh that makes Mama and Daddy smile all over. you also love it when Mama says, "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom" and juggles you on my legs. You love when your sissy "HaLa" teaches you how to flip and "Big Dee" your brother lets you ride his shoulders. Some of your favorite people are "Vee" and "Lucky" ....you have a special little routine you do with all of them. This is something special only share with them.
8.) You are great at holding hands and walking beside us now. You specifically love when Mommy has one hand and Daddy the other and then you like to be picked up on the count of three-- 1--2--3! Wheeee! :)
9.) Your bedtime routine has morphed into a long one. You like to jump on Mama and Daddy's bed, play your ipod, read a book or two, then read a book to the puppies, say your prayers, brush your teeth, and then have Mama give you "back pats" (long back rubs) while you drift off to your "sleepy songs" In the mornings, you play for about 30 minutes by yourself before you yell "Ready to up" for Mama in the the video monitor.
10.) The BIG GIRL transition was an easy one! We tried to let the crib go pieces at a time. We talked about the crib leaving, then it was disassembled in your room for a few days....each day you stood over the crib with your hands on your hips and said "bye bye, baby crib, no more baby crib"
11.) We are so proud how fast you took to the potty. You know exactly how to tell Mommy discreetly you need to go --- you took to this immediately. You are so bright!
12.) You know what rules are now, and you understand that rules have to be followed. Sometimes they are Mama's rules, sometimes-- Daddy's, sometimes-- God's rules..., but they are ALWAYS followed.
Sinclair-- you are so much fun! You are such a blessing to us. Our days are filled with laughter, giggles, and energy, energy, energy! We love you "more than all the fishes in the sea" and look forward to every moment that we spend with you!!! You complete us!
May God continue to bless you and keep you safe.
We love you,
Mama and Dada ;)
Can you believe that you are 21 months old today? Goodness! You're closer to 2 than you are to 1. You're truly a toddler!
Here's what you've done during this: your 20TH month of life.
1.) You can speak in complete sentences now! You say things like, "GaGa, Dogs go outside" "Mama, sit down," "Daddy, all done now," "Do it again" and our favorite is "More tea please" ....So cute! You can count to twenty four in English and ten in Spanish. You can easily handle all the letters of the alphabet and give a word that goes with each letter. You can spell your name effortlessly. You recognize your Presidents from photos - you prefer to refer to them on a first name basis such as "George, Abe and Grover" You can spell "Texas" and point to it with ease on the map and say "oil". Little angel, you continue to amaze us everyday.
2.) You're still a great sleeper (about 11 hours per night and 2-3 hours during the day), and a super eater (all fruits and you love your vegetables and especially, asparagus, green beans and spinach). You tend to eat on the run; you don't like to sit still so much these days.
3.) You love lady bugs, tea party, swings, slides, art (especially drawing on Daddy's oil well logs) Dora the Explorer, Big Bird, dump trucks, tractors, etc... You go completely drunk with giddiness every time you see or hear a plane in the sky. You also love to make towers out of blocks (I think 12 blocks is your highest-- and you had to stand on a stool to make that happen.)
4.) You have a memory like a steel trap. We can tell you something just once and ask you about it weeks later, and you remember.
5.) You continue to be full of zest and fun-- you have a charming character and vivacious personality. Your best friend is JAMP and "Hawk" but you make friends where ever you go and like to yell "Hi" and "Bye Bye" as you enter or exit. You are very good at sharing toys and like to meet friends when we go out.
6.) You are now such a great runner! You're fast and coordinated. You love to climb, build, slide, swim and swing! You love to jump and laugh and play, play, play!
7.) You love Daddy tickles and you let out this wonderful belly laugh that makes Mama and Daddy smile all over. you also love it when Mama says, "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom" and juggles you on my legs. You love when your sissy "HaLa" teaches you how to flip and "Big Dee" your brother lets you ride his shoulders. Some of your favorite people are "Vee" and "Lucky" ....you have a special little routine you do with all of them. This is something special only share with them.
8.) You are great at holding hands and walking beside us now. You specifically love when Mommy has one hand and Daddy the other and then you like to be picked up on the count of three-- 1--2--3! Wheeee! :)
9.) Your bedtime routine has morphed into a long one. You like to jump on Mama and Daddy's bed, play your ipod, read a book or two, then read a book to the puppies, say your prayers, brush your teeth, and then have Mama give you "back pats" (long back rubs) while you drift off to your "sleepy songs" In the mornings, you play for about 30 minutes by yourself before you yell "Ready to up" for Mama in the the video monitor.
10.) The BIG GIRL transition was an easy one! We tried to let the crib go pieces at a time. We talked about the crib leaving, then it was disassembled in your room for a few days....each day you stood over the crib with your hands on your hips and said "bye bye, baby crib, no more baby crib"
11.) We are so proud how fast you took to the potty. You know exactly how to tell Mommy discreetly you need to go --- you took to this immediately. You are so bright!
12.) You know what rules are now, and you understand that rules have to be followed. Sometimes they are Mama's rules, sometimes-- Daddy's, sometimes-- God's rules..., but they are ALWAYS followed.
Sinclair-- you are so much fun! You are such a blessing to us. Our days are filled with laughter, giggles, and energy, energy, energy! We love you "more than all the fishes in the sea" and look forward to every moment that we spend with you!!! You complete us!
May God continue to bless you and keep you safe.
We love you,
Mama and Dada ;)

.jpg)



54 comments:
That is the sweetest thing I have ever read. And that girl is a genius! I am so happy for all of you. Sending you, John and Sinclair so much LOVE. xoxoxo
this is your most wonderful post to date
hard to believe princess is almost two
eb
I love this open letter to your little girl. she will look back on this one day and realize she had the most amazing parents in the world that loved her so much. You do make the rest of us look bad in the parenting department!
katie
this letter is truly priceless! She will cherish this forever
i love your blog
You've got to be kidding. A potty trained, counting, alphabet-reciting child by twenty months? You're making this up. This is some sort of fantasy checklist. Which give me an idea for my blog now.
I hope you save this for Sinclair. Maybe for her Rehearsal Dinner, but I suspect there will be many more messages to come.
Thanks for sharing this lovely letter.
Ned
I thank GOD ALL MIGHTLY that you have another becide JOHN to call your very own. I LOVE YOu and your family Kristi. Thanks for everything,Love Reynard.
Kristi,
Thanks for sharing. What a beautiful angel you have indeed created. All is obviously quite well in your world. I'm happy for you.
All my best,
Lukin
Wow Kristi you always seem to amaze me. I think that is so wonderful, that you sat down and spelled how much you love your daughter. You are an amazing mother! I wish more parents put that much love and energy into their child. Thank you for sharring that, you made my day. My Goddaughter is perfect
A very nice picture of Sinclair and it is obvious that your comments reflect the best qualities from both you and John. Take care and have a great time with her she is to be cherished
Keith
OMG! I swear 2 u that I now have a kleenex n my hand. Soooo sweet. A million thx 4 sharing. Auntie Tra-Tra loves hearing about EVERYTHING about your sweet family;)
Love Tra
Kristi,
She is BEAUTIFUL!!! Thank you for sharing. It brings back such wonderful memories for me. My girls are now 15 and 16 1/2 years old. How is Marlene?
Hope to see you when I come to Houston this year.
Best Regards,
Denise
Very sweet Kristi - we enjoy seeing Sinclair out on walks in front of our windows.
Also - Ridg gets a kick hollering back and forth across Tiel Way with Grandma GaGa - she's a kick!
Cheers, Ridg and Kris
OH MY GOD!! She is beautiful! and she is a GIRL!!! not a baby--a GIRL! and gurl, she got yo' eyes. Been thinking about you! hope you are just so fabulous. I know you are cuz i've seen gorgeous pics of you both. would love and adore seeign you soon! xoxox
Dearest Sinclair, "Mama" & "Daddy",
Your friends in OKC are soooo happy to read of your blessed life,
of all your talents, and the adventures you are experiencing. Life is beautiful when you have so much love and attention! We pray that you will continue to grow in "wisdom and stature" under the loving eye of your mother and father. We look forward to seeing you again! I'm sure you are one beautiful little princess!!!!!! With Love, Leanne & Keith Waddell and Conner Galloway
How sweet. We love our babies! Thanks for including me. Wes
Sinclair may be a blessing to you, but receiving her photos and updates is a blessing to ME! Thank you for sharing your joy, Kristi!
Love to all, Mary
Dear Kristi,
Thank you for reminding me of the days gone bye. I cherish them deeply and I know that you and John will too. They pass quickly, but it just seems to get better and better. Harrison Scurlock Blanton is
5 1/2 and growing more every. We are all blessed!!
much love,
Kelli
Beautiful angel, just like her mother!!
Love, Laurée & Jim Bob
That diary is so precious and so is she...just wish I'd made one for dear Scotty, Mark and Chris..we could barely afford a TV...!!Will you be in town for our party, June 7? I'm inviting more of our son's group than ours, because you all are more fun!! I invited Jack, Corney/Melissa and Jakey, etc. also, have Yvonne W. It won't be a dull-"cry toasts" kind of party...only a celebration that we've managed to stay married 50 years, much less alive!! YEA..luv, jc
Kristi,
You are so beautiful. What a darling note to your little treasure who feels like a gift to us all. How blessed I am (and i can easily say we, all who know you). My Goddaugher is the most incredible little girl ever!
Much love and many xxxx as always
Melissa aka Blondie
Congratulations on not only a beautiful daughter but wonderful letter!
xx
All best
Liz
Liz Brewer
21 Cliveden Place,
London SW1W 8HD
Kristi!
What a touching ...loving letter! I wish I thought of doing that when my children were younger. And, indeed, Sinclair, seems to be well beyond her tender age. What wonderful parenting and genes can do to launch our children into the world of greatness!
Congratulations!
Lidya
Kristi,
Sinclair is just precious. Could you have ever guessed what a difference a child would make in you life? What a blessing from God. Enjoy every minute because they grow so quickly and then they are gone.
Thank you for sharing with me.
Diane
PS. Where have you been? You need to come in for a teeth cleaning. Give me a call.
She is a beauty! Incredible eyes! Your note is a wonderful tribute to your daughter. Thank you for sharing it.
Best Regards,
Wendi
Great stuff Kristi! Love it - she is a true little doll and obviously very loved
Ed C
This brought tears to my eyes... Happy Birthday Sinclair ( I look at your Christmas Picture on my credenza every day on the way out with your lovely Mama and JoJo)...also, Kristi adn John.. almost Happy Anniversary!!
Love Kelly
Sounds like the apple is still on the tree! She sounds amazing and has your ability to remember anything and everything... better get ready.. remember how YOU were as a child....
Kristi,
My God--if every child were loved and cared for like this the world would be at peace--no wars and no strife and happiness and prosperity would reign. Sinclair sounds totally amazing and she looks much older than 20 mo.--I think you may have a child prodigy on your hands. I really hope to meet her soon--please invite me over sometime for tea.
Love--Molly
KK...she is such a doll, just beautiful! We really need to get together with your 'Barbie' and my two 'Kens'...Freddie & Lex would both be instantly in love, and you too!!! When soccer and baseball wrap, I'm calling for a visit! :-)) ...xo, Mp
Michelle Perrier
Precious picture! She sounds like a very smart little girl. They grow up so fast! Hang on to these special moments!
GB
Well , Hell just send her on to 1st grade!! You have done an amazing job
I know how devotd you are I see it all the time
WK
Thank you for sharing. That is awesome.
Her eyes are so sweet.
KK--If anyone ever rolls their eyes at loving motherhood of such great magnitude I say: do not put your pearls before swine! I want to come back next lifetime as your daughter.
xoxoxox
MH
She's absolutely beautiful! And obviously a tiny whiz kid as well. Congratulations.
Shelby Hodge
Krisit!
Loved the picture blog Thank you for sharing! PRICELESS!! How are you? i've been crazy volunteering! I'm almost through!! This Sunday, I will be done for year!
Hope all is well! Take care,
Michelle
what eyes. she is beautiful
Mickey
Good Lord! I wish she was running for President!!!
Duke
Dearest Kristi, Thanks so very much for
sharing this special letter and photo of
precious Sinclair on your blog! Both of you girls are very
special and hope to see yoou soon.
With love, Judie
That is an awesome looking young lady. Gorgeous and sweet like her Momma, I know that you are proud and I bet Dada jumps when she speaks.
R.C.
Kristi
Straight from heaven Thank you for sharing. She is truly an angel
John E. Buster, M.D.
Professor Obstetrics and Gynecology
Warren Alpert School of Medicine of Brown University Women and Infants' Hospital Rhode Island Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
101 Dudley Street
Providence, RI 02905
When can I see this genius??? Please bring her over for tea party soon.
I Love you,
Joan Schnitzer Levy
How beautiful...she is so gorgeous, a perfect blend of you and John
xo
Jeanne
Mucho bonito--just like her Mama. MMCone
beautiful stuff ... thanks for sharing MOM....
Paul
That is so heartwarming. Thanks for sharing it with me, Kristi!
JH Jones
That is so cute. Thanks for sharing it with me, Kristi!
The love you have for this lttle princess shows
Kristi, Sinclair is an ANGEL and so are you. You must truely be the luckiest person "MOM" I know and no one is happier for you than me. Congratulations on making life so bright and happy for so many others. I really appreciate you emailing me this. Please continue! Love ya, H
Kristi,
How lovely!!! You are amazing...and Sinclair is adorable...
I loved reading your words/her language!
The email "The Good old days"....is priceless!!!
Thanks for sending both...
Hope all is well with you.
Circle Sept 27...for the Blues Ball in Memphis...I w/ send proper information/invitation a bit later...
Hugs, pat
Dearest Kristi my life has been so complicated I waited until today to read your beautiful Birthday Note To my sweet Angel. I wanted time to REALLY savor and feel it's sweetness. The beauty of your words actually made me cry! I can not stand people who cry to manipulate others... but when tears of joy fill your heart it is quite another thing. You filled my heart with joy and beauty! Kristi, this should be the beginning of a book. It not only opens the world of the real blessings of parenthood but it is fun to read. I felt that I had shared those precious fleeting moments with you and John It made me remember such moments with my own two and yearn for Beau's twins to arrive so that I could start again that precious fascinating journey. I sent your 20 month reminiscence to him and he was touched beyond description Thank You! You gave us all something VERY PRECIOUS.
Parents they will remember every special moment but the moments pass into years too quickly and we lose many along the way. You have written so poignantly and beautifully of the riches of parenthood that it makes us all want to clutch them to our breast and hang on for dear life. Parents often miss the small everyday joys in the everyday struggle to keep all the balls in the air. I am amazed at your ability to do it all and yet not miss a moment of what really matters...which is "your sweet angel". How wise of you to always put her and John 1st and to keep them in the arms of our loving LORD.
He has chosen you for so many things and gifted you with great beauty power and money but you have risen above those things and are so much more.
You are a truly gifted writer, a speaker of professional ability with the brains to match and go beyond any man yet you have NEVER lost your sense of values. your faith in God and your great sweetness of spirit.
Satan put you on the pinnacle and tempted you and ...you won! KK, I am so proud of you. This is not easy. The higher you rise the harder it becomes... but you will soar on the wings of eagles darling and win every time. This example will insure the life of Sinclair. May God Bless you as
you do. Dearest Love Joanne
Thank you, Kristi, for sending this to me. Sinclair is such a beautiful, adorable and smart "big" girl. I know you and John are so proud of her as you should be.
Love ya,
Hazel
Kristi, your birthday note to Sinclair is so very sweet. Truly touch my heart and I passed it along to Lester. This is one loved little girl. I'm so very happy for you. Thanks for sharing this. Sue
Just lovely, both words and child.
Post a Comment