Thursday, November 29, 2007

Our Photo Shoot with Santa



This week wasn't just another photo shoot at Auntie Lisa's....it was THE holiday shoot! We had a half a dozen costume changes...Santa (Lisa's wonderful Daddy) was there in his gilded cream colored robe. If anyone has never seen my friend Lisa Jane in action (photographing children) they have not lived a full life. She has the patience of Jobe, the precision of Dr Denton Cooley and the antimated wit of Elmo -- not to mention a support team (Tessa and Melissa) more skilled than the Secret Service! The children absolutely love being at this magical fairyplace - Sinclair especially. Of course I have to remind myself Lisa Jane has been shooting photos of Sinclair since she was 3 minutes old! I often give consideration to school pictures and how she will react to the standard photographer when he doesnt have fairy dust, or that sings to her and does not show her each digital slide as he takes it. I don't want to be within a five mile range when that goes down!

Sinclair took 95% of her photos with her blackberry --this child has a one track mind (cannot imagine where she got it). You know Lisa loves what she does afterwards she took the time to stop and read to Sinclair her favorite book. This woman is such an angel! As soon as I strapped her in she fell asleep -- its a great workout but its two hours of hard labor!

Before I sign off on today's post....I just want to say YES I know (so you can stop email me "did you see?") about the Texas Monthly article. I have fended off a few emails from people that read it wrong. If everyone rereads what my dear friend Mimi wrote, she was actually being very complimentary (note paragraph: "in contrast") so everyone hold off on the stinging emails! Mimi is too talented of a writer to be filtering through unwarranted emails.

No comments: